Copyright

© Carrie-Anne Ford and Cacao Castle, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

Friday, 15 January 2016

Project 2 - The Retreat.


FRONT

BACK
This project was originally going to be a HMC project (see my other blog for details), but I re-purposed the Gatehouse for Willy Wonka.

The purpose of this project is to give Wonka somewhere to relax and think of new ideas. Its a cross between a retreat and a hobby house. The left section is "The Old Cow Shed" and the right section is "the Lemon Belle Gatehouse."



Cow shed detail



Both structures fit snugly together and the cow shed is fixed to the base board. The gatehouse has been left unglued so that I can remove it if I need to add anything to it. The walls of the cow shed are actually parts from a basement kit that I brought but never used because the base board for it was huge.


Left side - End wall has a chocolate honeycomb raised pattern on it.


The roof slab on the cow shed will be a practical area fitted with chocolate slab tables to work on. This board simply lifts off to reveal the interior of the shed. This project is accessible from all sides which is a nice change from a normal front opening house/project.






 Focusing on the cow theme for the shed I decided to paint it two-tone and make a raised cow print/brick pattern over the walls. The brick work on the gatehouse is also raised to make it look more realistic.


 The door to the shed has yet to be fitted with a handle and the brickwork underneath needs cutting to fit.

Ground floor room - Lemon Belle Gatehouse

Middle room - Lemon Belle Gatehouse

Attic room - Lemon Belle Gatehouse
 When I put the gatehouse together for my HMC project I painted the attic room green and it never sat quite right as the space is very closed in and difficult to see when the light isn't bright. To alter this I covered the walls and ceiling of the room which helped to hide the wood join lines that had previously been visible. I then painted it all pale yellow. The changes really opened up the space and made it easier to see into.


Right side

Brickwork detail
This project is designed to be soft and pretty. I've kept the interiors relatively normal looking just as I did in the castle and let the outside show off it's chocolate foundations. 

I've had a nature print wallpaper for ages that I wanted to use and thought it suited wonka's shed perfectly.

Shed interior



 The shed is a simple room with a rough chocolate floor and a simple work bench at one end. Both windows are glazed and I expect to add more furniture soon.

Workbench.




 Both the gatehouse and the shed need skirting/cornice etc Then I can focus on getting the furniture in place and filling it up with everything Wonka could possibly need to inspire and relax him!



I hope you enjoy this project x

No comments:

Post a Comment